City Clerk-Treasurer's Office

The City Clerk-Treasurer's Office is the gateway to open and accessible government, performing administrative work and conducting daily business activities for the city including financial management and statutory clerk functions.

We are ready to assist you in the following areas:


BILLS/CITY COLLECTIONS (how, who and when to pay each): Receives and processes payments for the water utility (municipal services bill), and other city departments:


CITY COUNCIL AGENDA & MINUTES: We provide support to the City Council through the preparation of agendas, e-packets, and minutes; parliamentary procedure; and meeting management. 


ELECTIONS: Our office organizes and administers all elections, utilizing nine polling places located conveniently throughout the City. 


LICENSING: We process applications and issue licenses to all establishments where alcohol is temporarily or regularly sold, served, possessed, and/or consumed, as well as to those individuals who work in such establishments. We license tree trimmers, jewelry dealers, secondhand dealers, movie theaters, cigarette sellers, fireworks vendors, solid waste transporters, outdoor vendors, door-to-door salespersons, junkyard operators, mobile home parks, sidewalk cafes, and wireless communication facilities. We also issue boat launch permits for Beloit's public boat launch at Wooten Park.


ORDINANCES AND RECORDS: Our office maintains the City's Municipal Code of Ordinances and all resolutions, contracts, agreements, and other documents processed through official City actions. We post committee, commission, and board meeting agendas and file and maintain meeting minutes of the same. Finally, we facilitate and comply with open records requests, answer website information requests, administer oaths, and apply the official City Seal to documents when appropriate.



  • Personal Property Tax Bills 
  • Real Estate Property Tax Bills 

Who Should I Call?


Water/Sewer Billing Questions
Contact: Utility Billing Specialist
Phone: (608) 364-5731


Water/Sewer Questions
Contact: City Clerk-Treasurer's Office
Phone: (608) 364-6663


Real Property Status Report (cert letter)/Final Water Bill Request
Contact: Lynn Caple
Phone: (608) 364-6674


Dog Licensing
Contact: City Clerk-Treasurer's Office
Phone: (608) 364-6663


Frozen Pipes
Inside & Outside the Home
Contact: Water Resource Center
Phone: (608) 364-2888
Leave your name, address, and phone number


Need to Turn Water On or Off
For Construction
Contact: Water Resource Center
Phone: (608) 364-2888
Leave your name, address, and phone number


New Construction Meter Needed
Primary Meter or Secondary Meter For Extra Usage (i.e.: irrigation)
Permit Required for Either
Contact: Mitchell Genz Plumbing Inspector
Phone: (608) 364-6659


Water Leak/Meter Replacement
Inside & Outside the Home
Contact: Water Resources Division
Phone: (608) 364-2888
Leave your name, address, and phone number


Water/Sewer Questions (All Other)
(608) 364-2888  Staffed from 7:30 AM - 4:00 PM, thereafter, answering service

Last updated 4/4/2024 10:27:53 AM