Securing State Licenses and Permits

Corporate entity registration in Wisconsin is handled through the Department of Financial Institutions ( Employers required to carry worker’s compensation insurance can register with the Wisconsin Department of Workforce Development at Be sure to register with the Wisconsin Department of Revenue at to receive a tax identification number and sales tax number.


Helpful tip: The State of Wisconsin offers a Wisconsin One Stop Business Portal to register with all three of the above-referenced departments (DFI, DWD, and DOR). Professional licensing for certain professions is handled by the Wisconsin Department of Safety & Professional Services at