Selling Alcoholic Beverages

Alcohol sales and/or consumption is only allowed in certain zoning districts. A conditional use permit is required before a business may serve alcohol outdoors. Please contact the Planning Division at 608-364-6700 to inquire about where alcohol sales and/or consumption may occur. An alcohol license, available through the City Clerk’s Office (608-364-6680), is also required before a business may sell alcohol for on- and off-premise consumption.