FAQs and Phone List


Non-Emergency - Call for a Beloit Police Officer to         

take a report or assist you in a non-emergency situation

Police Records (608)364-6801
VCIT (Violent Crime Interdiction Team) (608)364-6843
Towed Vehicles (608)364-6834
Evidence/Property/Found Items (608)364-6834
Administrative Offices (608)364-6807

What is alternate overnight parking?  The City of Beloit has an ordinance for alternate overnight parking. This is year round – not just in the winter. You must park on the even numbered (house numbers) side of the street on even numbered calendar days. This is in effect from 12:00 midnight until 7:00 a.m.

For example: You park your vehicle on Sept. 1 at 7:00 p.m. You should park on the even numbered side of the street as enforcement will occur after midnight of the next days date, which would be Sept. 2. Some months have 31 days – if you park your vehicle on the 31st, you need to park on the odd side of the street because the next day is the 1st, another odd numbered day.

Call the Municipal Court at (608) 364-6613 if you have any further questions.

How do I get a copy of an accident report?  Approximately ten (10) days following an auto accident, a copy of a State of Wisconsin DT4000 crash/accident report will be available electronically to the public via the State of Wisconsin Department of Transportation (DOT) Crash Records Unit website at: https://app.wi.gov/crashreports  

Copies of the State of Wisconsin DT4000 crash/accident reports are also available electronically to the public via the LexisNexis Police Reports website at:  https://policereports.lexisnexis.com/search?AGENCY=WI0540100  All DT4000 crash/accident reports completed by Beloit Police Department officers will be available when they are complete, generally ten to thirteen days after the crash/accident.  LexisNexis is also managing and distributing crash/accident reports to insurance companies for our department via the internet.  If an insurance company needs a copy of your accident report, please give them the website: https://policereports.lexisnexis.com  The Beloit Police Department will continue to maintain other crash/accident related records, including traffic citations, supplemental crash/accident reports, photographs, and video, if taken. 

I think someone is dealing drugs...what should I do?  You can submit a tip online by clicking here or you can call our Crime Stopper Tip Line at (608) 362-7463.  There is also a P3 app you can dowload to your device.  We have a Quick $50 Program for high school students who can place a free call to (608)362-7463 and leave a message to report drugs, weapons or alcohol.  In furtherance of our community policing strategy, the Beloit Police Department has implemented drug investigation procedures in cooperation with Greater Beloit Area Crime Stoppers. This process will allow the department to investigate all drug complaints and provide feedback to the community. 

I have a drug complaint what do I do? To file a drug complaint please click here and provide as much information as possible such as description of subjects involved, locations, vehicles, time of day occurring, etc. This will allow officers to conduct a drug investigation. We encourage you to leave your contact information so your area officer can obtain further information and provide feedback on the investigation. 

What happens to my tip? Beloit Police Department Officers have a guardian mindset and this is the basis for our values. Upon receiving your tip, an area officer is assigned to conduct an investigation and works in conjunction with area drug units, neighborhood residents and area officers to collaborate on identifying and resolving the activity. The department continues to provide officers with current drug trends and investigative strategies.

How do I get involved in a neighborhood watch program?  You can join an existing Neighborhood Watch group or start one in your neighborhood. Call Sergeant Mann at the Beloit Police Department at (608) 364-6801 to find out more information.

At what age is a child not required to ride in a car seat?  All children under the age of four years old must be in a child car seat. Children age 4 to 8 years old must be in a car seat or fastened with a safety belt. All occupants age 8 and older must wear a seat belt.

Is it legal to have my vehicle windows tinted?  Front side windows must allow 50% light through, rear side and rear windows must allow 35% light through.  Tint on the front windshield cannot be below the "A" line mark (about 4" from the top).  Tint must be transparent and non-reflective.  Exemptions - tinting done by manufacturer (not car dealer).  Penalty is $122.00  All vehicles have some tinting by the manufacturer, so be careful not to exceed when adding to what is already on the vehicle.  We have a tint meter at the Police Department.  Call 364-6801.

How do you obtain a permit to serve alcohol in a park?  City of Beloit residents who are over the age of 21 are able to obtain a beer permit at no cost from City of Beloit Parks and Recreation Division which is located at 2351 Springbrook Court.  Their offices are open from 7:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m., Monday through Friday. A valid identification card with a photo is required to show proof of age and residency.  This is a one time permit and does NOT include wine, only beer and fermented malt beverages.  Click here for more information.

How can I get rid of a wild animal?  Unless you wish to rent a live trap from the Humane Society, the only sure method is to call a professional.  There are several pest control services listed in the yellow pages.

How do I report loud music or a dog barking?  Call the non-emergency phone number 757-2244 to get a police officer to come to the area and handle your call.

What is the curfew in Beloit?  Curfew is at 11:00 p.m. for everyone 17 years old and younger.  The exception is if the person is traveling from their place of employment or a school sponsored event.   You must be traveling directly home!  You can also be accompanied by a legal guardian (court appointed - not someone the parent designates).

What can I do about a dog running loose?  Call the non-emergency phone number 757-2244. If the animal is aggressive or vicious, do not approach it. To check to see if your dog has been picked up, you may call the Humane Society at 752-5622 to see if they are housing your dog.

Is there a warrant for my arrest?  Call the Records Department at 364-6801 and they can tell you.

What can I do if I locked my keys in my car?  Officers do not open locked cars unless there is a child or animal in the vehicle, or other emergency situation.  If so, call 757-2244 to get a Beloit Police Officer.

How can I get a map of Beloit?  Click Here
What are the road conditions?  Click Here
How do I get a Department of Transportation form, map, etc...?   Click Here

Last updated 5/25/2023 8:52:14 AM